When you're looking for a partner to help you negotiate the complexities of selling a home, you've come to the right place. The experience, dedication and strong communication you'll receive here will help ensure the successful and profitable sale of your home:
Positioning Your Home to Sell:
Pricing your property at fair market value, from the start, will generate most activity attention to result in showings and offers.
Studies have shown:
There is a 95% chance of sale if a home is priced at market value
There is a 50% chance of sale if priced at 5% over market value
There is a 30% chance of sale if priced at 10% over market value
There is a 20% chance of sale if priced at 15% over market value
When the asking price of a property exceeds fair market value, the pool of potential buyers decreases dramatically.
A full 90% of American homeowners hire a qualified agent to sell their homes. And no wonder—it’s a daunting task for an owner to price his/her house accurately, determine whether a buyer is qualified, create and pay for advertising, show the home to prospective buyers, understand the latest real estate regulations, be available whenever a prospective buyer wants to view the property, negotiate and prepare contracts, and coordinate the details of a closing.
So perhaps it’s no surprise that homes sold by real estate agents sell faster and easier—and for more money.
What should I list my home for?
There are many factors that affect the list price of a home: location, condition, amenities, supply and demand, and local and global market conditions. I will assist you by providing a thorough market analysis of your home so you will be able to come up with a realistic, competitive pricing strategy on your home.
What is the Property Condition Disclosure Form?
Most sellers of single- and multi-family residential homes are required to provide potential buyers with a completed and signed property condition disclosure form. Failure to provide this form will result in a monetary credit to the buyer at closing. Please consult with your Coldwell Banker Sales Associate for complete details.
Full Service Marketing and Personally Customized Service
At Coldwell Banker our goal is to not simply sell your house, but help you realize the best price obtainable for your property. To help you achieve this goal we have developed the “Expect More Full Service Home Marketing System.”
During the market analysis presentation I will explain every aspect of the selling process to you. Once you list with Coldwell Banker, I will begin managing the sale of your home with implementation of our Full Service Home Marketing System.
The relationship between you and your Sales Associate is the key to the successful sale of your home. Your home and your needs are unique; therefore your I won’t use a pre-designed plan to sell your property. I will listen to your goals, address your concerns, and use my knowledge and experience to create a custom plan that will effectively result in a sale.
I will also present you with our Seller Services Guarantee, which demonstrates that we are committed to performance!
A Buyer is Ready to Present an Offer!
When an offer is presented, I will advise and help you to obtain the best possible price and terms. Understanding the standard forms and the many transactional issues is key to negotiating the best terms to meet your individual needs. Making sure buyers are pre-qualified is of utmost importance in negotiating a successful sale. As your Realtor, I will promote your interests and assist in developing a clear and binding transaction.
Again, because the offer procedure and paperwork varies within regions, please consult with me, I will review the specific procedures followed in your area.
Typically an offer is initiated by the buyer through their Sales Associate and includes the following information:
- The amount the buyer is willing to pay
- Mortgage amount, if any
- Closing and occupancy dates
- Contingencies, such as mortgage commitment, building inspections and pest inspections to include where appropriate (but not limited to): termite, pest, radon, water potability, well, lead, septic, oil tank.
- Any personal property specifically included or excluded
- If the offer is not acceptable to you, further negotiations may be necessary to reach terms agreeable to both you and the buyer. Because counter-offers are common (any change in the offer can be considered a counter-offer) it is important that you remain in close contact with your Sales Associate during the negotiation process so that proposed changes can be reviewed and responded to quickly.
You have an Acceptable Offer!
Once again, because the Contract writing procedure, down payments required, building inspection contingency dates, etc…varies within each region, please consult with me so that I can inform you of the immediate action steps. Timing is critical at this stage!
Between Contract and Closing
Throughout the transaction, you will need to closely monitor the progress of all contingencies to make certain that all deadlines are met. On the day of closing, the buyer will have a “final walkthrough” to make certain that the house is left in “broom clean” condition and has been thoroughly vacated.
What to expect at the Closing
The closing is a formal process where all parties sign all of the necessary paperwork needed to complete the transaction. Title to the property is transferred from you to the buyer. The buyer receives the house-keys and you receive payment for the house! From the amount credited to you, the title representative subtracts the funds to pay off the existing mortgage and other transaction costs. Deeds, loan papers, and other documents are prepared, signed and ultimately filed with local property record office.
After the Closing
Our exclusive Concierge program was developed to assist you with the services you need before, during, and after your move.
Your Local Real Estate Connection
Get a positive, helpful partner for buying or selling a home:
- Trusted resource for answers about the process
- Innovative marketing strategies
- Expertise about neighborhood features
- Ability to target home searches
- Strong negotiation skills
- Support through the closing and beyond
1. The Local Advantage - Take advantage of a broad spectrum of technologies and tools to support the sale of your home from start to close.
2. Internet Advertising - Since the lion's share of home buyers starts their search on the internet, top placement on search engines is essential. You'll gain access to placement on Google, Bing, and other websites. This will maximize your exposure and bring a large number of potential buyers to view information about your home.
3. Email Campaigns - It's important to "work the network." We can work together to identify the right people to target your home-and get in touch with them by email to drive excitement and interest.
4. Personal Touch - Of course, technology alone won't sell your home. Face-to-face interaction provides the advantage to sell your home-and you won't have to worry about a thing. The details will be handled with care and constant communication, to ensure the marketing and sale of your home go smoothly.
To find out more about selling your home, click here